15 October 2009

The Limits of My Imagination

It's so difficult to think about putting my arms around someone else. I can't imagine it would feel the same as when I put them around you. And people say it will be different, but it'll also be better. I can't fathom anyone feeling more correct and right and true in my arms than you do.

I can't imagine wanting to put my arms around anyone other than you. When something feels as strong and real as my feelings for you, it's difficult to believe you could ever have those same feelings for anyone else. I feel complete when I hold you in the circle of my arms. And people tell me you can have feelings for someone else, they'll just be just different ones. And I say, what's the point then? Always wanting what you know you can't have. Pretending to be happy and content here when all you want is to be there. Because those feelings don't disappear. They just get filed away along with dead dreams and hopes, ready to leap back into my heart at the first sight of you.

I can't imagine I'll ever be able to put my arms around someone, kiss someone, hold hands with someone, love someone...and not wish it was you.

No comments:

Post a Comment