06 February 2010

Things I'm currently Jazzed About...

1.  Chris Isaak - Forever Blue 

I've been really digging this record. No one does bummed-out love like Chris Isaak, and I dig the Sun Records/surfing vibe he does so well. "Graduation Day" and the title track in particular stand out for me. This album just perfectly fits my mood right now.

2.  Star Trek (2009) 

I just recently saw this movie, and I have to say I really loved it. I'm definitely not a fan of sci-fi generally (Sunshine and the original Star Wars movies being two big exceptions), but this movie kicked all kinds of ass. I'm totally stoked for the sequel.

3.  Gran Torino

 Another movie I just recently saw for the first time, and I have to say that for a man pushing 80 years old, Clint Eastwood is still one scary motherfucker and definitely not someone you want to mess with. Great ending, too.

4.  Possibly going to Austin, TX for Psych Fest 3 this April. I have to see if I can't make my bank account cooperate on this one...


5.  Buying a new(er) car to replace my old, beat-up hunka junk. It's still a used car, but not as old, not as many miles, and much roomier. Soon, my pretty, soon....


6.  The East Meadow (NY) Fire Department, of which I am in my probationary year as a firefighter. It's pretty amazing how much I've enjoyed my relatively short time there and what a good fit this road seems to be for me. I still haven't really answered any of the important questions about myself that I wanted to get answered, but I'm starting to get a good idea of what those answers might turn out to be...and I'm pretty happy with that. And starting this June, I'll be enrolling in the EMT courses to be certified as an EMT-B, hopefully just the first stop on my road to being a firefighter/paramedic.

8.  Batman: Arkham Asylum 

Great game. The combat system is really unique and easy to get used to, and it's a really great storyline. I've been having fun with this game for about 2 months now, which is rare for me these days.

9.  Soundgarden reuniting.

It's about time, guys. Definitely about time. I smell a tour with Alice In Chains and/or Pearl Jam this summer.

10.  Alice In Chains Black Gives Way To Blue

I was definitely shocked by how good this album is. When I heard that AIC had reunited with a new singer, I rolled my eyes and wrote them off. But my cousin came home one day some months later and asked if I had heard the new single. I answered "no" with a scoff and considered the matter closed. He then proceeded to play it for me on the internet, and I was totally hooked. Way to disprove anyone who doubted you, guys.










No comments:

Post a Comment